Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Rage Necklaces


  
As for how I came up with these next two pieces of jewelry, it pretty much just evolved as most other ideas do. While working with polymer clay I wanted to experiment with layering in a couple of different ways. This is what happened. I rolled out three sheets of clay with a pasta roller and stacked them on top of each other. After cutting through all three layers with a razor knife, I cut away bits and pieces until I got two shapes. One looked like a faceted gem with the other appearing as a diamond. Next, the metal was cut, filed, sanded, and polished. The sanding and polishing were done progressively through different grits descending from course to fine. As for the polishing, I used a buffing wheel followed by a polishing cloth. Riveting held each clay piece in place as prongs cut from the middle layer fastened the clay pieces in the middle of each one.




No comments:

Post a Comment