Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Alien Incubation: An Unexpected Delivery



Though not one of my favorite or best paintings in my opinion, its concept IS pretty neat.  It came to me one night in a dream, you see.  A large semi went past me, which later inspired this painting.   It was supposed to be made with straight lines developed on canvas by putting tape on it. Then I was going to paint where the tape wasn’t.  The tape kept paint away from the areas I didn’t wish for it to go. Afterward I would proceed to remove the tape to reveal a straight edge.  Clever, huh?  It wasn’t my idea though.  On the back is a yellow glass casing with a green gel-filled alien egg.  It has metal tentacles on all sides of it.  The top of the painting has gold, silver, and copper rays of light.  The rays of light cross over each other as though they where woven together by some heavenly power above.  I hope you have enjoyed this post, and don’t forget, I’ll have more for you as soon as possible or ASAP for you texters.

No comments:

Post a Comment